Thursday, August 20, 2020

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Feature

I had the pleasure today of waking up to a text from a local friend, congratulating me on the "beautiful page" in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. I has no idea what she was talking about, and the article wasn't available online. 

Fortunately I already had plans to leave the house today, so I picked up a couple copies of the paper while I was out. Even with the head's up, I wasn't quite prepared to see a FULL PAGE feature about WONDERLAND in the Weekend Magazine section of the paper.

As many readers have noticed, WONDERLAND is not BABY TEETH. This was the first deeply thoughtful professional review I've seen of WONDERLAND that also sought to explore themes, and juxtapose the family elements in my two books in an insightful way. It's an extremely rewarding thing as a writer when a person reads your book deeply - and even the article's title is a succinct summary of what I was trying to create:

Stage's new supernatural thriller is a provocative, philosophical page turner.

Thank you so much to Bill O'Driscoll and the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. (Read the review online here.)

1 comment: