Friday, May 8, 2020

Basic Lighting Tips for DIY Authors

Hey author friends! Seeing how we're all at home now doing online events and making our own promo videos, I decided to record a few tips on setting up lights. The arrangement described in the video is primarily meant to create a "flat" lighting look without major shadows. The softbox I purchased is a Mount Dog, and I neglected to mention in the video that it comes with its own lightbulbs (and also a carrying case).

I'm a big believer in "Making It Work" without a lot of expense or fancy whistles. Obviously you could invest a lot more - in lighting or video equipment - and produce more professional results. But at this point we all just need something to get us started.

I kept trying to post clips of this on Twitter, but it wasn't working. So you can watch the full video here:



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this, Zoje! I am going to put into action.

    ReplyDelete