Thursday, July 11, 2019

BABY TEETH Soon To Be A Major Motion Picture

I can finally reveal... BABY TEETH has been optioned for film by Village Roadshow!

EXCLUSIVE: Village Roadshow and Valparaiso Pictures have partnered on a film adaptation of Zoje Stage’s bestselling 2018 novel Baby Teeth from St. Martins Press.  Screenwriter Nina Baker will adapt.


I have many film friends who have thought that writing/publishing novels was my secret backdoor plan to resume my filmmaking career... but that isn't true. I love how writing a novel is like wearing every creative filmmaking hat - writer, director, cinematographer, production designer, actor, etc. - and it is fulfilling in a way I can't even describe. I am thrilled that the adaptation of BABY TEETH is underway, and while I'm available to any of the film team if they want to pick my brain, this project is in their hands.

I've already spoken in-depth with screenwriter Nina Baker, and I'm very excited to see her adaptation of my book come to life! Hopefully we'll have more updates on this in the near future...

5 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! Congratulations! I loved Baby Teeth and will really look forward to the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I loved the book and check every few months to see if it’s being adapted for film. I assume (as usual) the book will be better than the film, but I’m so excited to see it on the big screen! Fingers crossed that Alex Skarsgård plays Alex (that who I always pictured), but I’ll take Bill! 😂
    In all seriousness, congratulations! Such an incredible new adventure for you and your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear and can't wait for the next chapter of same. Reading Mothered now.

    ReplyDelete