Sunday, August 5, 2018

Taxonomy of an Idea: BABY TEETH

I was recently asked to write an article for Amazon, and I went from having no clue what to say to relishing the opportunity to really dissect how BABY TEETH settled in my brain as a story-worthy concept.

I got so into this "taxonomy" - of pinpointing the elements that ultimately influenced my book - that I may very well write similar articles in the future for whatever else I may write.

Where does an idea come from is a very complicated question, but this Amazon article let me dig deep into how BABY TEETH came to be. Read it here.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't written to authors often, but I just wanted to say thank you for this book. I was a "dragon-like girl" as well when I was young - nowhere near as extreme or violent as Hanna, but her fears, frustrations, and interpretations of the world resonated with me in a way that very few other fictional characters have, because I remember thinking and feeling those same things at her age (just without the murderous intent!).

    ReplyDelete